H.OIL Standard Oil / Water Interface Meter
Certified intrinsicaly safe the Heron H.OIL is the most popular interface meter on the market. Thousands of these instruments are being used by groundwater professionals worldwide. The Heron H.OIL interface meter is used to measure the thickness of floating or sinking hydrocarbon products in groundwater accurately, reliably, safely and economically.
The easy to read accurate (ASME standard) heavy duty Kynar® jacketed tape is accurate to 1/100 ft per 100 feet. Measure with confidence to 1/200 ft (1mm).
Environmentally protected encapsulated circuit for durability on an easily removable modular electronic panel. Easy field changeable probe.
- Certified intrinsically safe to CSA and ANSI/UL standards
- Class 9098-01 for hazardous locations.
- Class 9098-81 (USA) for hazardous locations.
- Class I groups A, B, C and D.
Download H.Oil Brochure
- Detects and measures LNAPL and DNAPL
- Certified intrinsicaly safe
- Slim 5/8 inch (13mm) field replaceable stainless steel probe. *probe has a non removable ¾ inch protector fitted as standard. (If 5/8 inch diameter probe is required please specify when ordering.)
- Able to measure product layer as thin as 1/200ft (1mm)
- Easy to read accurate (ASME Standard) Kynar® jacketed tape with stainless steel conductors. Graduation 1/100 ft (1mm)
- Standard tapes are printed beneath the jacketing.The print never wears off.
- Unique flexible link between tape and probe designed to protect the tape. Should the probe become "hung up" in the well, the link will break saving the costly tape by sacrificing the replaceable probe.
- Easy change single 9v battery.
- Includes tough nylon carry bag and a comprehensive cleaning kit.
- Probe holder/tape guide included.
- Modular electronics; quick change probe and electronic panel.
- Heavy duty tape with a breaking load over 300Lbs.
- Herons excellent after sales service.
Tape storage reel
- Durable UV resistant engineered plastic reel with all stainless steel fittings.
- Tough polyester coated steel frame with comfortable ergonomic vinyl grip and “third hand” built in casing hanger that allows the unit to be suspended on the casing while the results are being recorded.
- 5 year limited warranty. *1 year warranty on replaceable probe
Specifications (For tape lengths to 300 ft / 100 m)
- Tape per 100ft(30m):
- 5 lbs (2 Kgs)
- 3.0 lbs (1.28 kgs)
- 13.5 in (340 mm)
- 10 in (250 mm)
- 8 in (200 mm)
Water level indicators to groundwater data loggers.Groundwater monitoring equipment to fit any budget.
Learn more about the features and specifications of the full Heron product line.
CERTIFIED INTRINSICALY SAFE
What does that mean?
All Intrinsic Safety certifications are not equal. The symbols and numbers Indicate the areas and conditions in which the device is rated safe. Based on CSA and URL certification product class 9098 81, the following applies.
|Ign. Energy in
||140 deg C
||Qualifying Gases Present at all times
If you are buying an interface meter READ THE LABEL. Buy a unit that gives the greatest degree of safety over the widest range of gases. The Heron H.OIL / Sm.Oil is certified to the highest standard in North America. Class I, Gr,A,B,C,D T4 Exia CSA and URL.
View Heron CSA International
Certificate of Compliance